.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Foreign Correspondent

Being the Ongoing Tales, Triumphs, Struggles (mostly struggles) and Occasional Adventures of Freelance Foreign Correspondent Shawn Gerald Blore, based in Rio de Janeiro

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Guns, Rio, Violence


Back in the Correspondent Game again, and this time it's close to war correspondent exciting. Doing a piece about guns and violence in Brazil and specifically Rio. It's a war in all but name. On one side the armed drug trafficking gangs of the favelas. On the other, the police. About 1200 get killed every year, by police. About 300 police die. And then there's the bystanders. In the course of investigating, it was necessary to interview one of the drug chieftains. Here's what that interview lookied like. Later I'll add some photos of police and innocent bystanders. Hoping to sell this all to the CBC.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Weight Loss said...

Hiya Shawn Gerald Blore, I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog.

I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - work from home pc - check it out and see what you think.

Anyways Shawn Gerald Blore, you have a good site. I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home